I’m having fun making videos for some of my simplest recipes. It’s a project that Callum and I have been working on and we love it! He’s my technical assistant.
The recipe is posted below the video if you want to see it or print it out. You can also find it here.
My kids call these brownies. They really are delicious and super filling.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Power Bars
These are basically my version of the famous Lara Bar. I get my medjool dates at Costco. They're super moist.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 heaping cup peanut butter (any nut butter would work)
- 12 medjool dates (pitted and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes)
- a couple of pinches of sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1. Using a food processor or a high-speed blender, process nuts until you reach desired consistency.
2. Add nut butter, dates (make sure you remove the pits), sea salt, and raw cacao. Process into a thick paste, you will need to stop your machine a couple of times to wipe down the sides and move the mixture around. It’s very thick and may need your help a little bit.
3. Press firmly into prepared pan.
4. Cover and place in fridge to cool.
5. Cut into desired shapes and store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days (if they last that long).
Make sure you check out the rest of my videos on my Youtube channel – a!