Homemade Coconut-Cashew Milk
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 cups filtered water
- a pinch of high quality sea salt
- Soak cashews in filtered water for a minimum of two hours (I often soak mine overnight).
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Combine all ingredients in your blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes – you may need to blend longer if you’re not using a high-speed blender.
- Place nut milk bag into a large pitcher or jug. I secure mine with an elastic band (as seen in the video).
- Pour blended mixture into nut milk bag. If you don’t have a nut milk bag, you can use regular old cheesecloth. Secure a piece over the opening of a jug or a bowl. Make sure it’s on tight as the pulp might cause the cheesecloth to fall in.
- Let sit until all of the liquid has run through. You can squeeze and use some of the liquid right away, or you can leave it to sit.
- Remove nut milk bag or cheesecloth and store your milk in the fridge.
Do you want to make almond milk instead? Just sub raw almonds into the recipe - almonds will need longer to soak though (overnight or 6-8 hours).