Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to get your copy of 10 Easy Recipes For The Gluten-Free Beginner.
In my opinion, strawberry and raspberry season are far too short! I adore berries and can’t seem to get enough of them this time of year. It’s hard to walk past berries at my local Farmer’s Market without buying a couple of pints. Half of the first pint doesn’t even make it home if Livvie is with me! She’s just like her Momma in her love affair with berries.
As you know, I’ve been on quite the Berrylicious berry kick. It seems the wee babe I’m carrying likes berries too.
One of our favorite local restaurants has a date square that Pete and I go mad over. Naturally, I’m determined to recreate it. But you can’t make date squares in July when strawberries are bursting with juicy flavor. So I made Strawberry Oat Squares, and you won’t be disappointed. They hold together so well, and they taste just like summer.
Now go strawberry picking, or hit up your farmer’s market for some strawberries.
Strawberry Oat Squares
- 2 ¼ cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour (for berry mixture)
- 1/2 cup liquefied coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup certified gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (for crumble dough)
- 2 cups certified gluten free oats
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease an 8×8 pan.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, and tapioca flour. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together coconut oil and maple syrup.
4. Combine sea salt, cinnamon, flours, oats and psyllium seed husks in a large bowl.
5. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
6. Press approximately half of the crumble dough into the bottom of the greased 8×8 pan.
7. Spread with the strawberry mixture and then top with the remaining crumble dough.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, cut into squares and enjoy.
You’ll find more great strawberry-inspired recipes in Berrylicious: 25 New Mouth-Watering Recipes for Enjoying the Summer’s Healthiest Fruits! Try the Strawberry Oat Muffins, the Strawberry Mini Pies (with the best flaky gluten-free pie crust recipe), or my Strawberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Cups. Oh my! Click the banner below to get your copy!