I am a huge fan of guacamole. I would happily eat it every day (with a spoon or a cracker, but especially on a corn chip from our local Mexican restaurant).
Sadly though, corn and I don’t get along very well. Which I am okay with most of the time (except when we go to that local Mexican restaurant, then I give in).
At home, it’s much easier to avoid corn. We don’t eat many packaged foods, so we don’t get it there. If I do buy corn, I make sure it’s organic and preferably local so I can chat with the farmer. That way I know it’s free of pesticides and it’s hopefully not genetically modified.
But every now and then, a girl wants some crunchy chips to go with her guacamole! That’s where these Homemade Gluten-Free Tortilla Chips come in to play. They’re corn-free too! And my kids love them as much as we do! I haven’t put them in their lunchboxes yet, Callum is at that stage where he wants his lunch to look like everyone else’s lunch.
That will pass, right?
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Inspired by our friend Lisa K. Thanks Lisa!
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
¾ teaspoon paprika
¾ teaspoon sea salt
3-4 gluten-free, corn-free tortillas, depending on size
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, paprika, and sea salt.
- Grease a large baking sheet with oil, paprika, and salt mixture.
- Cut tortillas in half and then into strips – or chip-sized pieces.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and brush each chip with the remainder of the oil, paprika, and salt mixture.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes or until crisp – watch them as they can easily burn.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
I am reading an amazing book right now – it’s called Allergies: Disease in Disguise : How to Heal Your Allergic Condition Permanently and Naturally by Carolee Bateson-Koch DC ND. If you’re living with allergies, or you know someone who is, you MUST grab a copy of this book!
Print This Post