Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to get your copy of 10 Easy Recipes For The Gluten-Free Beginner.
A baby shower is such a good excuse to make some fabulous food and a super-cute invitation.
Did you know you can even throw your far-away friend a baby shower? Yep, and that’s what we’re doing today. Hallie and I are hosting a baby shower for our amazing friend Amy Green from Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free.
We may be thousands of miles away from each other, but that’s not going to stop a few of Amy’s friends from celebrating the soon-to-be arrival of Baby Green!
I knew I had to come up with something super cute to help celebrate Baby Green. We’ve been waiting for him for a long time (seems longer in the virtual world). So I made these adorable heart-shaped gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free Gingersnaps. I think you’ll love them. I know Amy will.
These babies would make a great Valentine’s Day treat too.
¾ cup room temperature coconut oil
¾ cup coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
¼ cup unsulphured molasses
1 tablespoon ground chia combined with ¼ cup water
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup quinoa flour
¾ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup arrowroot flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1. In the bowl of your mixer, combine coconut oil and sugar. Beat until fluffy.
2. Add molasses, ground chia, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
3. In a small bowl, combine flours, baking soda, sea salt, and spices. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Use floured hands to roll the dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking trays with parchment or a silpat.
6. Remove dough from fridge and divide in half, leaving one half in the fridge until ready to use. Roll dough on a floured surface to just under ¼ inch thickness.
7. Cut into desired shapes (we used hearts for Valentines Day and Ninjabread cutters just because). Repeat with remaining dough.
8. Places shapes at least 1 inch apart and bake for 12-14 minutes, depending on desired crunch.
9. Let cool for two minutes on tray, remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Yield: 48 small cookies.
The baby shower celebrations continue
on these other fabulous blogs!
Hallie from Daily Bites
Alta from Tasty Eats at Home
Lexie from Lexie’s Kitchen
Kelly from The Spunky Coconut
Carol from Simply Gluten-Free
Cara from Cara’s Cravings
Ricki from Diet, Dessert and Dogs
Alisa from Alisa Cooks
Kim from Cook It Allergy Free
Jen from Gluten-Free Life With Jen
Cybele from Cybele Pascal
Helen from Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
Congratulations Amy and Joe!