When we indulge, even during the holidays, we like to make sure it’s a healthy indulgence. And these cookies totally fit that bill! They’re loaded with healthy ingredients that contain protein, fiber, and even some calcium, thanks to the teff flour.
Using high fiber flours, like teff, in your gluten-free baking comes with another great benefit; they help to balance your blood sugar. And we all know our blood sugars need some balancing during the holiday season!
Santa will love this cookie, almost as much as you and your gluten-free lucky ones will love it. We’ll be leaving him a plate of these babies for his little midnight stop at our house. Rumor has it Dasher has gone gluten-free! Maybe Santa will share.
Ginger Molasses Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle
2/3 cup coconut oil, room temperature
¾ cup coconut sugar or cane sugar
1 tbsp ground chia combined with 6 tbsp water
¼ cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup teff flour
½ cup quinoa Flour
½ cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
1 ½ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
½ cup Enjoy Life’s chocolate chunks or chips
Chocolate drizzle – I used the chocolate from my Peanut Butter Cups
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silpat.
2. Cream coconut oil and sugar.
3. Add chia egg, molasses, and vanilla to coconut oil-sugar mixture. Stir well.
4. Sift together flours, spices, baking soda and sea salt.
5. Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
6. Stir in chocolate chips, or even chocolate chunks!
7. Put cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheet and press with the palm of your hand or a spoon before putting in oven.
8. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
9. Drizzle with melted chocolate when cool.
You’ll need to listen to this album while you’re finishing up your holiday baking.
More Holiday Recipes from She Let Them Eat Cake
The winner of The Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Kitchen:
Lori Robin Wilson—“Every gluten free, dairy free cookbook improves the quality of my life. The amazing thing is that my husband enjoys all my experimenting and baking. This is my first vegan and gluten free Chrismas and this would make it heavenly!”
The winner of Sugar Nation:
Angie Gray—“Great recipe and blog!”
The winner of The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook:
Rebecca Ashley Mitchell—“This recipe sounds amazing! I cannot wait to try it, now to write a letter to Santa asking for an ice cream maker!!”
Thank you all for participating! And remember, you are all still in the running for three amazing grand prizes!
The third prize is a Caveman Cookies giveaway package!
The second prize is a shopping spree from Free From Gluten !
And the grand prize is a top-of-the-line Vita-Mix professional blender 5200 Super Healthy Lifestyle package and a free copy of the super cool e-book Eat Fresh and Detox your Life