April in the Raw & Go Ahead Honey

by Maggie on April 1, 2011

Happy April 1st!

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been waiting rather (im)patiently for this day! Why? Mainly because April really means the arrival of Spring where I live! But also because April is a busy and fun month in the blogosphere!

First of all, have you heard about April in the Raw? It’s a super cool event that’s being hosted by the amazingly talented Brittany from Real Sustenance.

April in the Raw was created by a group of bloggers who wanted to learn more about raw foods, but who also wanted to share recipes with their readers (yes, you). I’m going to share my raw food recipe with you on April 16th.

What’s really cool about this event is that anyone can join in. Brittany is going to have a linky tool open all month- and if you do not write a blog, please feel free to share recipe(s) and links to your favorite raw recipes in the comment box instead!

I’m hosting this month’s Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten-Free and I am so excited about it! This month’s theme is Springtime Brunches. I love hosting and going to brunches and Spring seems to be the best time for a sunny brunch. What’s not to love? Cinnamon buns, bagels, quiche, salads, it’s simply all of the best dishes rolled into one mid-day meal.

I want to know what dish you love to bring to brunch.

Here’s how to participate:

• Everyone can participate! You don’t have to be a gluten-free blogger but your entry must be gluten-free.
  • If you are a blogger, blog about your brunch recipe and link back to this post.
  • Email your link and photo to me: Maggie@sheletthemeatcake.com no later than Monday, April 26th. I will get everyone’s pics up on my blog shortly thereafter.

I’ll be back early next week to kick-off Go Ahead Honey’s Spring Brunch theme. I have a really delicious and incredibly nutritious muffin recipe for you. I’ve been playing with this one for a while. I think you’ll love it! It’s jam-packed with yummy, healthy goodness.

Kristin @ Peace, Love and Muesli April 1, 2011 at 6:57 am

A gluten free brunch. I think I should be able to come up with something. I can publish next week?

Maggie April 3, 2011 at 5:08 am

Hey Kristin – Yes, you can definitely publish next week! Can’t wait to see your recipe.

Brittany @ Real Sustenance April 1, 2011 at 9:27 am

Woohoo!! A great month Indeed! Thanks so much for this mention- and I have never participated in “Go ahead Honey- its Gluten Free” Before..
Maybe this month will be my first time :)

Can’t wait to see what you come up with on the 16th! Oh and by the way I’m telling everyone that they can link Old Raw recipes to the linky- the more recipes the better right ?? :)

xoxoxo

xoxo

Maggie April 4, 2011 at 5:31 am

Hey Brittany! I hope you do join in for Go Ahead Honey! I was away all weekend so I can’t wait to catch up on April in the Raw! xo

naomi devlin April 2, 2011 at 10:43 am

OOh, I think I might be posting a french toast recipe with my very own cheaty sourdough loaf. I’ll try to get onto that early in the month so it doesn’t fly by as usual!

x x x

Maggie April 4, 2011 at 5:31 am

Naomi I can’t wait to see that french toast recipe! It sounds amazing!

Zoe April 2, 2011 at 3:46 pm

The game is on! ;) I’ll see what I can make up for your brunch theme, Maggie. For some reason I can picture you as someone who would like hosting brunch parties – real ones, not just online.

Maggie April 4, 2011 at 5:30 am

Yay Zoe! I’m so glad and I can’t wait to see what you come up with. And you know me too well, I do LOVE hosting brunch parties.

Sweets by Vicky April 3, 2011 at 5:43 am

Thanks for replying my email! And YAY I’m so excited about GAHIGF!

Kim - Cook It Allergy Free April 3, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Yay, Maggie! Have been thinking about all types of spring recipes lately! Count me in , for sure!! I love brunches. Brunch is my favorite favorite meal of the day!

Maggie April 4, 2011 at 5:27 am

HI Kim – So glad you’ll be joining in! I love brunch too – so many yummy choices!

Iris April 5, 2011 at 9:31 am

I hope I can come up with something…of course now I’ve got ideas in my head, and I have to go to class…but I’d rather stay home and play around with french toast ideas!

Maggie April 5, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Yay Iris! I really hope you join in!

Raj @ Flip Cookbook April 5, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I love brunch! So excited.. I actually made something earlier this week in anticipation of this! :D Can’t wait!

Maggie April 5, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Hey Raj – I can’t wait to see what you made! I think everyone loves brunch :)

Kalinda April 11, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Just posted my recipe and sent you the info. :) Can’t wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

Maggie April 12, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Thanks Kalinda! Got your email and I can’t wait to check out your blog. Thanks for linking up.

Brittany @ Real Sustenance April 12, 2011 at 9:37 am

Super excited- Just posted my recipe for this :) Will send you the photos shortly! :) xo

Maggie April 12, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Yay Brittany! I’m excited too – thanks for joining in :) Means a lot!

Tressa R April 15, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Maggie, I send you are recipe yesterday for the brunch carnival, with a photo. I can’t wait to see the collection! :)

Maggie April 15, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Hi Tressa! I got it, thank you so much. I’m so glad you’re linking up. It’s going to be a great collection.