Ice cream! Can you believe it?
Gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free ice cream. Also known as gluten-free and vegan ice cream. Also known as oh my goodness this is good ice cream!
When I told Callum that we were making ice cream this is how Part 1 of our conversation went:
Me: Callum, do you want to make ice cream tomorrow?
Callum: Is it almost tomorrow Mommy?
Me: One more sleep Callum.
And here’s how Part 2 of our conversation went:
Callum: Mommy, it’s tomorrow so can we make ice cream right now?
Me: Callum, it’s 5am. We’ll make ice cream later.
Callum: When’s later?
Me: Callum, if you want to make ice cream today you need to go back to sleep.
End of conversation.
Once later arrived, Callum and I had a great time making ice cream. It was way easier than I thought it would be. And Callum could really get involved with this recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 cans of cold full fat coconut milk (14 oz cans)
- 1/2 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Add all of the ingredients to your blender or food processor and mix until well blended. You could chill this mixture if time permits (I didn’t have time but my coconut milk and maple syrup were in the fridge beforehand).
2. Pour into your ice cream maker and follow your ice cream maker’s instructions.
Makes approximately 4 cups of delicious ice cream.
By the way…
- You could pour this mixture into popsicle molds and enjoy Chocolate Peanut Butter Popsicles!
- Seriously, get yourself an ice cream maker (I know, one more appliance). Or just make it without an ice cream maker, freeze it and stir the mixture every half hour or so.
- My friend Shirley, from Gluten-Free Easily shared on great tip on a recent post for Blueberry Honey Pie (yum!)- always store some coconut milk in the fridge, that way you can have ice cream whenever you want!
- Not sure if you want to invest the time to make ice cream? Check the label of your favourite brand. I bet homemade ice cream has less ingredients!
- And do you have Kelly’s Ice Cream Book yet? You need it! Dairy-Free Ice Cream: 75 Recipes Made Without Eggs, Gluten, Soy, or Refined Sugar
- You can also find this recipe and many more ‘slightly indulgent’ recipes at Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free .
I plan on experimenting with flavours over the summer. What’s your favourite flavour?
Print This Post