Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to get your copy of 10 Easy Recipes For The Gluten-Free Beginner.
These brownies are a new favourite at our house – and I recently shared them in our local newspaper. Our littlest loves chocolate so anything chocolate makes her happy – she’s just like her mama! The older two are a little more particular about their desserts. They’ve been eating more gluten when they’re out and about so they have tried many gluten-filled desserts. They always come back to my baking though, and I’m grateful for that.
I’m also grateful that they have no idea these fudgey grain-free brownies are made with black beans. Honestly, you can’t even tell. Unless of course you don’t use a food processor. Then you might end up with some bean chunks in your brownies and you don’t want that! Make sure you follow the recipe closely.
A few months ago a friend and fellow baker sent me his version of black bean brownies and raved about them. Naturally I had to give them a shot. They’re delicious with or without frosting on top! I like to sprinkle the top of the brownies with chocolate chips. You could also sprinkle with icing sugar.
There’s lots to love about this recipe, for instance, it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. It’s a one-bowl recipe too (in the food processor).
These black bean brownies happen to be high in fiber, grain-free, and low in sugar. The fiber and protein in these brownies will help offset the sugar rush and will leave you feeling full longer.
What’s not to love?
Black Bean Brownies
We keep our brownies in the fridge so they last longer and stay nice and fudgey.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8x8-baking pan.
2. Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips in the food processor.
3. Blend until smooth – you might want to stop the machine and wipe the sides once or twice. If you're using doTerra's peppermint essential oil - carefully drop into batter and whiz once more to combine.
4. Scrape brownie batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 35 minutes.
6. Let cool completely, sprinkle with icing sugar or top with your favorite frosting recipe.
I haven't tested these without eggs yet. If you try to make an egg-free version, please let us know how it goes.
If you want to learn more about essential oils, click here or send me a message firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to chat with you!