Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to get your copy of 10 Easy Recipes For The Gluten-Free Beginner.
When I was a little girl I loved Eggo Waffles. Can you blame me?
My favorite part about eating them was making sure every little square was covered in syrup. Perhaps that’s where my love of all things sweet was born.
When we switched to a gluten-free diet, we generally avoided store-bought waffles as they’re pretty void of nutrition, and you know how I like my foods to be full of nutrients!
Last year I discovered Iris’s waffle recipe (she’s the lovely one behind The Daily Dietribe and Your Fairy Angel), and since then we’ve been making waffles on a weekly basis. My boys love them – Pete likes his smothered in peanut butter and Callum likes maple syrup in every single square. Just like his Momma!
I’ve been playing with Iris’s super friendly waffle recipe (which also makes great pancakes) and I came up with this recipe for Vanilla Apple Cider Waffles. I think you guys will love it! And if you don’t have a waffle maker, you need to get one asap. This is the one we have.
Gluten-Free Vanilla Apple Cider Waffles
Inspired by this recipe.
- 1 cup teff flour
- ½ cup certified gluten-free oats
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons dairy-free unsweetened plain yogurt (we like this one)
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 14 drops vanilla stevia (about ¼ teapoon)
- 2 tablespoons liquefied coconut oil
1. Preheat waffle maker to desired setting (ours is set at 3).
2. In a large bowl combine teff flour, oats, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
3. Add yogurt, milk, apple cider, vanilla, stevia and coconut oil.
4. Mix until well combined – add a little more apple cider (or water) if mixture is too thick.
5. Spoon into waffle maker and wait until they’re ready – ours beeps when they’re done.
6. Let cool in the waffle maker for a moment, then remove to wire rack to cool, or until ready to serve.
How do you like to top your waffles?