Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to get your copy of 10 Easy Recipes For The Gluten-Free Beginner.
Pete is a natural cook, he loves to get into the kitchen and make us soup, stir-fries, and curry dishes. He somehow just whips together a delicious dish off the top of his head. Recipes stress him out so he usually avoids cookbooks, and when I ask him to write up a recipe for me (which is really for you), he usually puts me off and tries to avoid it.
But this time I insisted! His recipe for home fries is too good not to share.
This happens to be one of our favorite weekend recipes. If I’m lucky (and I am), I will come home from yoga and find Pete making us Sunday brunch. It usually consists of refried beans, eggs (Callum can tolerate eggs again, and he’s so happy about this), avocado, and a big serving of Pete’s home fries. They really are the best home fries.
They might take a little longer to cook, but they’re so worth it.
Check out these home fries, they’re ready to go into the oven to get their crisp on!
The Best Home Fries
- 5-6 medium-sized potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet or line with parchment.
- Wash and chop potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat and add coconut oil.
- Once coconut oil has liquefied, add potatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring every 2 minutes to stop them from sticking to the pan.
- After 20 minutes, remove potatoes from pan and spread evenly on prepared baking sheet. Bake in 400 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
We use a cast-iron pan for this recipe.
When using coconut oil and starches in a pan, things tend to stick so stay on top of it by stirring regularly and add more oil if necessary.
Did you catch my last post about why you should give up sugar? Stay tuned for my tips on how to give it up! They’re coming.