Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to get your copy of 10 Easy Recipes For The Gluten-Free Beginner.
I have been focusing extra hard on my studies this month and Christmas holidays are sneaking up on me! I looked at the calendar this week and realized I’d lost a week between now and Christmas. Uh oh!
Needless to say, I haven’t been doing much baking – aside from gingerbread cookies since the kiddies love baking, decorating, and eating them!
But every student needs to fuel their studies, and since I’m in the mood for all flavors Christmas, I have been sipping on Chocolate Peppermint Smoothies and they’re oh so delightful!
I think it would be awesome to bring your blender out on Christmas day this year, don’t you? Instead of baking trays full of sugary sweets, you can make everyone a Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie for dessert!
The Best Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie
- ¾ cup dairy-free milk
- 3 medjool dates soaked and pitted( I like to use Natural Delights)
- a handful of spinach (optional)
- 1 chunk of frozen banana (about 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro protein powder
- 1-2 drop doTerra peppermint essential oil (or 5 drops of NuNaturals Peppermint Stevia for added sweetness)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- 5 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
1. Combine all ingredients in blender and whiz until combined. Serve with a sprinkling of cacao nibs or crushed candy canes.
This is our new fave Christmas album – A Very She & Him Christmas. Perfect for entertaining and cozy evenings at home.
Are you looking for kid-friendly allergy tips and ideas for surviving the holidays? Check out this great article featuring blogging Mommas with lots of experience.
Contact me: maggie@SheLetThemEatCake.com if you’d like to learn more about doTerra CPTG Essential oils.