Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to get your copy of 10 Easy Recipes For The Gluten-Free Beginner.
I love recipes like this, especially for this time of year when I seem to be in the kitchen way more than usual!
Don’t get me wrong, I love spending time in the kitchen, but I also love hanging out with my kids, practicing yoga, blogging (of course), watching cool movies with my hubby, running, and so much more. So if I can find any short cuts in the kitchen, I will take them.
But I still need someone to come and do my dishes. Any takers?
What’s great about this recipe for Quinoa and White Bean Stuffed Squash is if you plan ahead, you can do it in stages over a couple of days. You can easily roast the squash ahead of time, and you can make the filling in advance too. Heck, you could even assemble the whole thing the night before and simply warm it up the next day when you’re ready to enjoy it.
Quinoa and White Bean Stuffed Squash – Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup thinly sliced kale
- 1 cup cooked white beans (I use cannellini)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¾ cup chopped raw walnuts
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place squash halves cut side down on a parchment lined bake sheet.
3. Roast squash for 50 minutes at 400 degrees until fork tender.
4. Sauté leeks and garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil.
5. Add kale and sauté until wilted.
6. Stir in beans and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
7. Scrape mixture into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
8. Stir in pre-cooked quinoa, chopped walnuts, remaining oil, and chopped parsley.
9. Pack into roasted squash and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until heated thoroughly.
10. Remove from oven and serve.
Here’s a great gluten-free and vegan menu idea for the holiday season:
- Quinoa and White Bean Stuffed Squash
- Gluten-Free Gravy
- Salad with Roasted Squash and Sweet Potato Dressing
- Rutabaga Fries
- Gluten-Free Buns
- One Bite Brownies with Caramel Drizzle
Did you see my post about hormonal health? If it resonated with you, I strongly recommend Dr. Sara Gottfried’s book The Hormone Cure: Reclaim Balance, Sleep, Sex Drive and Vitality Naturally with the Gottfried Protocol. It’s so empowering!