Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to get your copy of 10 Easy Recipes For The Gluten-Free Beginner.
Today I want to share two sources of my summer inspiration with you.
First off, do you know Andrea Nakayama and her amazing site Replenish PDX ? Pete and I did her Spring Liver Cleanse in May and I was so impressed (once I got over the loss of my coffee-fix for seven days).
The recipes were delicious (Andrea Livingston is the recipe developer), and the support during the cleanse was incredible. As always, the cleanse had its moments, but we made it through thanks to Andrea’s expertise, the yummy recipes, and the fact that Pete and I were in it together!
This recipe for Zucchini and Tahini Dip is inspired by a version from the cleanse. We became a little addicted to it, and naturally I had to make my own version!
My second source of inspiration for this Zucchini and Tahini Dip is a new product I am in love with (and it’s Canadian). Have you heard of Three Farmer’s and their Camelina Oil?
We’ve been using it in everything – it has a high smoke point (475 degrees) so it’s also great for cooking and barbecuing. Camelina Oil is cold-pressed and high in Vitamin E and Omega 3’s. Seriously, what’s not to love!
Zucchini & Tahini Dip
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Camelina Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large clove chopped garlic (or ¼ cup local garlic scapes)
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
1. Combine all ingredients in the bowl of your food processor.
2. Process until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
3. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Drizzle with approximately 1-2 teaspoons of Camelina Oil before serving.
Yield: Approximately 1 1/3 cups
Want to learn more about Replenish PDX or Camelina Oil?
Where are you getting your inspiration from this Summer?