Callum and Liv are at the perfect age for holiday fun and we are making the most of it. Seeing Christmas through the eyes of your children is pretty magical.
We’ve been playing (no snow yet), baking (lots of gingerbread cookies), and making lots of homemade cards. My kids love finding toys from around the house and wrapping them up for friends and family. It’s so sweet. We are all pretty excited about Santa’s visit to our house.
Naturally, Santa will be welcomed with a plate of healthier cookies and some (organic) carrots for the reindeer! As far as I know, Santa loves PB & J sammies so we made these cookies with him in mind.
Last year’s Cookies for Santa are just as good, but you have to try these gluten-free and vegan thumbprints. They’ll be scooped up before you know it. And let’s face it, Santa could use some healthier gluten-free treats (maybe he should read Wheat Belly).
Peanut Butter and Jam Thumbprints
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground white chia mixed with ¼ cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup raspberry jam (I use Crofters Fruit Spread)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Combine almond flour, tapioca or arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, coconut oil, and coconut sugar in a large bowl (or the bowl of your mixer).
- Stir in chia-water mixture and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients. Your mixture will be a little bit crumbly.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough and roll into balls. Place on the prepared cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and use a teaspoon to press into each cookie.
- Return cookies to the oven and bake another 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Stir jam and add ½ teaspoon to each cookie.
Yield: 24 cookies for Santa
Print This Post