Buckwheat Breakfast Cookies at Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free

by Maggie on March 8, 2012

Most of you know my co-founder for The Balanced Platter , Amy Green.  She’s the talented woman behind the blog and cookbook Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free.

Amy is taking a little blogging break to spend some precious moments with her little bundle of joy,  so last week I shared my gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free Buckwheat Breakfast Cookies with her readers.

I’m sharing the link and a picture here because I wanted to make sure you didn’t miss the recipeBuckwheat Breakfast Cookies are a fabulous way to start the day – loaded with some of my favorite nutrient-dense gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients!

Hop over and check them out.

Heather March 10, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Ooo thanks for the link, I love both of your sites and I can’t wait to try these. I also just saw your pumpkin flour cookie recipe, it is definitely an acquired taste but I love the nutrients these tiny seeds pack! Plus they are all best when paired with a glass of homemade pumpkin seed milk! :)

Maggie March 12, 2012 at 9:48 am

Thank you Heather – you’re so sweet!

Michele March 16, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Hi Maggie!
These were wonderful! My 2 year old son LOVED them! I have a question I was wondering if you could help me with. I have been reading a great deal about the importance of soaking your flours overnight….. I was wondering if you have tried soaking your flours and if so….how would you soak the buckwheat flour in this recipe when there isn’t really “liquid” in the recipe to use. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Maggie March 19, 2012 at 9:02 am

Hi Michele – I haven’t soaked flours before. I wish I could help, perhaps google ‘soaking flour’ and you might get some instructions that way. Check out this post and you might get some info here too http://www.glutenfreediva.com/2012/03/i-love-these-gluten-free-multi-grain-pancakes/
I’m so glad your son loves them, and grateful that you came back to tell us :) Let me know how your quest goes!

Michele March 19, 2012 at 9:08 am

Hi Maggie!
Thank you for taking the time to write back! I will keep you updated if I find the answer to my question. In the meantime, we have made another batch of your delicious cookies and my son and husband are gobbling them up. :) Thanks again!!

Miachel @ Spiced Curiosity March 27, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Fantastic blog. Found it while snacking on a post from Cara’s Cravings. :)

Can’t wait to read more!

Maggie March 28, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Well hello Miachel! Thanks for stopping by!