Welcome to Week VI of A Gluten-Free Holiday!
I am so excited to be hosting the final week of Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free’s Gluten-Free Holiday event! This week we’re focusing on gluten-free holiday desserts AND I’m giving away two fabulous cookbooks!
Simply Gluten-Free Desserts by Carol Kicinski
Blackbird Bakery Gluten-Free by Karen Morgan
(Scroll down to find out how to win these amazing books – and to share YOUR holiday dessert recipes!)
First I must share my recipe for this week’s Gluten-Free Holiday Desserts! I’ve been saving this extra-special recipe since last Christmas!
Who says you can’t eat cupcakes at Christmas?
My kids LOVE cupcakes. Last year I stumbled across a Martha Stewart recipe for gingerbread cupcakes and I knew I had to get to work creating a gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free version my family could enjoy.
The best part? Now you get to enjoy them too!
Don’t tell anyone, but this cupcake recipe will happily double as a muffin recipe. Just skip the icing!
1 cup teff flour
1 cup sorghum flour (or brown rice flour)
½ cup arrowroot flour (or tapioca flour)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp ground ginger
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
2 tsp ground chia OR 1 tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp sea salt
½ cup coconut oil, liquified
2/3 cup maple syrup or agave
1/3 cup unsulphured molasses
6 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners, or grease lightly with coconut oil.
2. In a medium sized bowl sift flours, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, ground chia OR xanthan gum and sea salt.
3. In a large bowl beat oil, syrup, molasses, and applesauce until combined. Stir in sifted flour mixture until well combined.
4. Fill cupcake liners (full) and bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
We frosted ours with homemade cane sugar frosting. I’m working on a new refined sugar-free frosting recipe but it’s not quite ready for you. Perhaps by February – another sweet month!
Yield: 14-15 cupcakes
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. THE WINNERS ARE LISTED BELOW. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED.
I’ve chosen the winners of the Gluten-Free Holiday cookbook giveaway from last week!
The winner of The Blackbird Bakery Gluten-Free by Karen Morgan is Diane M.
“Cheesecake is my favorite holiday dessert, and I love adding new flavor swirls to my standard recipe each year!”
The winner of Simply Gluten-Free Desserts by Carol Kicinski is Heather from http://www.discoveringtheextraordinary.blogspot.com/
“My favorite would have to be my great-grandmother’s pumpkin roll recipe! (that’s only because I had to narrow it down to one!!)”
You can also check out what the other GF Holiday participants are busy baking up for the holidays, here:
- Ricki at Diet, Dessert, N Dogs made Black-Bottomed Almond Mousse Pie With Chocolate Ganache Drizzle
- Alta at Tasty Eats at Home made Chewy Apple Cider Blondies
- Kim at Cook it Allergy Free shared Caramel Apple Pie
- Hallie at Daily Bites made Cranberries Cream Tart With Chocolate Crust
- Amy at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free madeFig-Filled Chocolate Pinwheel Cookies
Need more Holiday inspiration?
A Gluten-Free Holiday I: Healthier Through The Holidays hosted by Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free .
A Gluten-Free Holiday II: Thanksgiving Favorites hosted by Cook It Allergy Free.
A Gluten-Free Holiday III: Edible Gifts hosted by Tasty Eats at Home.
A Gluten-Free Holiday IV: Holiday Entrees and Side Dishes hosted by Daily Bites.
A Gluten-Free Holiday V: Holiday Breakfast and Brunch hosted by Diet, Dessert n Dogs.