It’s time to start thinking about some amazing and delicious gluten-free gifts we can share with friends and family over the holidays.
A couple of years ago my friend Alta shared some fabulously healthier gifts – I made her chocolate dipped spiced dates for friends of ours. They were a big hit!
I love sharing gluten-free goodies during the holidays. It’s a great way to spread the delicious gluten-free love, to show people how simple gluten-free can be, and to show the kids that homemade gifts are just as much fun as store-bought gifts!
This year I’m planning on making a few batches of Peanut Butter Cups because I know everyone will love them! They also happen to be super easy, the kids can help me make them, and they’re naturally gluten-free!
Did I mention the delicious part?
Easy Peanut Butter Cups
Feel free to double or triple this batch, depending on how many you want to make.
¼ cup all-natural peanut butter (any nut or seed butter will do)
2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
100 grams of unsweetened chocolate (I use Cocoa Camino)
4 tbsp maple syrup or agave
4 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1. Set aside a mini cupcake/muffin pan. I use silicone muffin pans and they make these cups really easy to pop out.
2. Combine peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until well combined and add in chocolate chips. Set aside.
3. In a double boiler (or a glass bowl over a pot of water), gradually melt chocolate bar with maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Fill each cup of a mini muffin pan with approximately 1/2 tsp of the melted chocolate. Freeze until hard.
4. Remove chocolate from freezer and spoon in approximately 1/2 teaspoon of the peanut butter mixture. Return to freezer for about 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and fill cups with remaining chocolate. Freeze or refrigerate until hard.
5. Use a knife to help you pop the Peanut Butter Cups out of the pan. A silicone pan works really well here! You could also use cupcake liners or candy liners (see comments below about using cupcake liners).
Store in the fridge as chocolate will melt in your hands AND in your mouth.
Yield: 12 mini cups