As most of you know, I love my afternoon smoothies. Creamy, delicious, date-sweetened heaven. Lately I’ve been drinking lots of these, but it’s time for a change. Enter the Pumpkin Pie Smoothie.
Play around with the flavors. Feel free to add some nutmeg, or use a pumpkin pie spice mix. I’m not a lover of nutmeg so I didn’t add any.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 3 dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (any non-dairy milk will do)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons almond or sunflower seed butter
- a small handful of cashews, soaked for at least an hour and rinsed (optional but adds creaminess)
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 2-3 ice cubes (optional)
1. Place dates in a bowl and cover with water. Soak for at least 15 minutes (boiling water speeds up this process).
2. Place all of the ingredients in your blender and blend away.
3. Serve with a dollop of Shirley’s dairy-free whipped cream .
Yield: 1 smoothie
It’s pumpkin season!
(I had to include a picture with Livvie’s first Art School craft!)
Print This Post