One of my favorite brands of ice cream used to be Häagen Dazs. Strawberry ice cream? Yes please!
But we’ve been living dairy-free for over a year now and I have to tell you, ice cream tastes even better without the dairy!
Maybe it’s because I know it won’t give us a tummy ache. Or maybe it’s because homemade ice cream can’t be beat!
And don’t worry, homemade ice cream is much easier than you think.
So move on over Häagen Dazs.
Dairy-Free Strawberry Ice Cream
1. Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for at least an hour. Drain and rinse well.
2. Add all of the ingredients to your blender or food processor and mix until well blended (you could also use an immersion blender).
3. Chill this mixture for at least 30 minutes.
4. Remove from fridge and pour into your ice cream maker and follow your ice cream maker’s instructions. About mid-way through your maker’s ice cream cycle, stir in approximately half a cup of sliced strawberries. This way the berries won’t get crushed.
5. Serve immediately. Once stored in the freezer, homemade dairy-free ice cream tends to harden and must thaw for at least 15 minutes before scooping.
Here’s the Ice Cream Maker I use and it is so very easy.
Makes approximately 4 cups of delicious homemade ice cream.
Not sure if you want to invest the time to make ice cream? Check the label of your favourite brand. I bet homemade ice cream has fewer ingredients!
Shirley, from Gluten-Free Easily shares a great tip – always store 2 cans of coconut milk in the fridge, that way you can have ice cream whenever you want!
More dairy-free ice cream recipes:
Print This Post