Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten-Free Brunch

by Maggie on April 27, 2011

I was so honored to host this month’s Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten-Free, the monthly event created by the super talented Naomi Devlin.

It was so fun to watch the entries trickle in throughout the month. I just loved seeing what everyone came up with – this group of recipes would make the perfect brunch table! Grab a coffee (or a green smoothie) and check out the amazing entries below.

To begin with, every Spring brunch table needs a pitcher of juice…

Zoe from Z’s Cup of Tea shared her recipe for Meyer Lemon Honey Lemonade. Doesn’t that make you thirsty? I can’t wait to make this with my kids!

It wouldn’t be brunch without an amazing selection of baked delights – muffins, pancakes, and waffles, OH MY!

Maggie from Dog Hill Kitchen made some Airy Oat Waffles. As soon as I get my waffle maker, I will be trying these healthy and delicious waffles!

Ashlie from The Delshad Duo made egg-free Buckwheat Waffles. I told you, I really need to get a waffle maker!

Rogene from Gluten Free and Loving It wrote a beautiful post about her Mom and the brunches she used to host. Rogene also shared a recipe for some amazing Mini Muffins.

The delightfully sweet Gigi from Gluten-Free Gigi also shared a recipe for muffins. There’s a sweet treat in Gigi’s Surprise Brunch Muffins so make sure you go check out her recipe!

Ricki the breakfast and brunch Queen from Diet, Dessert and Dogs shared her new Vegan Coconut Pancakes. Perfection!

Linda from The Gluten Free Homemaker (and last month’s GAHIGF hostess) shared some fantastic looking Hot Cross Buns.  An Easter treat!

Rajashree from Flip Cookbook is showcasing her Banana Cinnamon Cake Bread.  Cake and bread? I am IN!

I made some super healthy Almond Date Muffins that will help you get some protein in the morning.

Iris from The Daily Dietribe made Sweet Potato French Toast with Coconut Quick Bread. Doesn’t that sound so amazing?  You have to check out her recipe!

Stephanie from Gluten-Free By Nature made a lovely Lemon Polenta Cake that is gluten-free and dairy-free. I love the sound (and look) of this cake!

And now we need a fine selection of tasty savories…

Tressa from Hecka-Good Recipes shared this beautiful Leek Mushroom and Chard Tart. Doesn’t that sound perfect?

Amy from Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free made a gorgeous looking Egg Strada with Mushrooms, Spinach, and Cheese.  This is such a rustic looking dish, I love it.

Lauren from As Good As Gluten wants you to serve her Spinach Artichoke Mini Frittatas.  I think these are a perfect brunch addition!

Judee from Gluten-Free A-Z Blog shared her Zucchini Biscuit Quiche.  A biscuit quiche sounds good to me!

Shirley from Gluten Free Easily shared some fantastic quiche building tips and a recipe for quiche. There’s actually a few recipes since she tells us how to make a crustless quiche and a potato crust quiche!

Debi from Hunters Lyonesse shared Oh My Ouefs!.  Healthy eggs en Cocette sounds like a splendid brunch addition!

Naomi from Straight Into Bed Cakefree and Dried made Revueltos.  This non-recipe takes eggs to a seasonal level.  I always learn something new from Naomi!

Brittany from Real Sustenance made us some Bacon and Sage Popovers.  I think these would disappear in no time!

And you have to save room for these glorious desserts…

Kalinda from Wheat Free Meat Free made a totally creative Avocado Pie!

Vicky from Sweets at Vicky’s created some Vegan Coconut Cupcakes. These gorgeous little treats will definitely be on my brunch table soon!

Christine from Without Adornment made these gorgeous little Strawberry Shortcake treats.  I know I want one, or two.

Deanna from The Mommy Bowl made some Raw and Vegan Rhubarb Butter Bars.

Valerie from City Life Eats made a glorious and guilt-free Grain-Free Vegan Chocolate Tart.

Chaya from Comfy Cook’s Kosher Kitchen wants us to have some of her Apple Strawberry Crisp.  I don’t know about you, but I love crisps!

What a spread! I hope you got some good brunch ideas.  Mother’s Day is the perfect time for a brunch!

Thank you to everyone for sharing, I truly appreciate your support and I’m totally impressed by the amount of entries and the incredible talent of my fellow bloggers!

Next month’s GAHIGF is being hosted by Rajashree from Flip Cookbook.  Her theme is a Garden Tea Party.  Check her blog on May 1st for ideas and inspiration!

Kalinda April 27, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Yay, what a delicious looking roundup. I want to make all of the quiches and frittatas. I love eggs. I just made one of The Daily Dietribe’s quiches for Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger.

Nice work Maggie, thanks for hosting. :D

Zoe April 27, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Maggie, what a wonderful, delicious round-up! Right now, those strawberry shortcakes are definitely calling and Shirley’s quiche looks gorgeous. Thanks so much for hosting this GAHIGF, it was a great theme to work with!

Iris April 27, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Wow, so many great ideas! Thanks for hosting, Maggie! I loved your theme, and I’m glad I finally got my post up so I could be a part of it! I made that french toast with you in mind weeks ago, but it took me a while to perfect the ingredient amounts.

Ricki April 27, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Such an incredible lineup! I think I could feast on fabulous breakfast and brunch foods for months. . . just my style. ;) What a great theme. Thanks for hosting–glad to be part of it! :)

Christine April 27, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Everything looks so amazing! It makes me want to invite people over for brunch so that I can make more than one dish at a time! :)

Deanna April 28, 2011 at 3:29 am

Wow that’s a lot of good looking food. Thanks for hosting!

Linda April 28, 2011 at 9:44 am

What a mouth watering round up! Thanks for hosting.

judee April 28, 2011 at 11:32 am

What a diverse collection of gluten free brunch ideas. I will definetley be trying all of these great looking recipes. Maggie, thank you again for helping me with all the logistics to participate, and thanks for hosting.

Kristin @ Peace, Love and Muesli April 28, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I’m very pleased to report that I have a waffle maker. I’m going to be printing out some recipes. A lot of recipes.

Tressa R April 28, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Maggie, thank you for letting me be a part of this. I want to try everything in this round-up! :)

Raj @ Flip Cookbook April 29, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Drool. This is such a good looking round up. I have a feeling I’m going to be making quite a few brunches soon.

Stephanie May 1, 2011 at 8:35 am

Yummy!!!

naomi devlin May 1, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Maggie this is an incredible round up! I wish I had the time to read all those posts right now. Great to have some new ways with eggs, meyer lemonade, and waffles oh my! I think that brunch might be the new black non?

Thanks for hosting such a great month.

x x x

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 2, 2011 at 4:58 pm

These all look amazing! Thanks for sharing them!

stephanie @ gluten free by nature May 4, 2011 at 8:03 am

Maggie – such a incredible line-up. There are such talented folks among us, no? I am so inspired by some of these recipes. Thanks for hosting – you did such a wonderful job :)

Happy Spring :)
Stephanie

Alta May 5, 2011 at 8:59 am

What an awesome lineup. And just in time for Mother’s Day!

Shirley @ gfe May 5, 2011 at 9:09 am

Just realized that I never commented on this wonderful roundup you did, Maggie! Such a lovely job, dear, and everyone else outdid themselves, too. :-) Oh, to have brunch with all of you … wouldn’t that be the best? ;-)

Kim - Cook It Allergy Free May 10, 2011 at 9:15 am

I cannot believe I forgot to submit one! OYE! My brain seems to be on a hiatus lately! What an amazing round-up of recipes. I think I just got so many new ideas for my gang! Thank you so much for hosting this month, Maggie! You put together quite the spread! ;)